Keep this row in place. It’s fully hidden. The real row is generated by the shortcode below. This row is in place for styling purposes only.
In The Community
Team South West is looking for Mission Staff for the 2023 Saskatchewan Winter Games Regina, February 19-25, 2023
Event Date & Time
February 19-25, 2023
Mission Staff are an essential group of dedicated volunteers who are responsible for the effective management, operation, administration, and supervision of Team South West.
Mission Staff are great cheerleaders, communicators, have lots of fun and pride!
For more information on Mission Staff please contact Brennen, Team South West Chef de Mission, at email@example.com or 306-693-7304.
Community Visits | Virtually or In-Person | We are on the road and ready to meet with community leaders, volunteers, and organizations!
Event Date & Time
Virtually online, or in-person.
South West District Community Consultants are on the road this summer, and ready to meet with community leaders, volunteers, and organizations! We are available to meet virtually or in-person, as you prefer.
We want you to succeed, so we:
- Help you navigate the world of community culture, recreation, and sport.
- Help you find funding.
- Suggest programs and partnerships that might be a great fit for your group.
- Offer the training you need.
It doesn’t matter if you are working to rebuild a recreation board, looking for training for museum staff, or starting a senior’s fitness program. We’re knowledgeable. We have lots of great ideas. But most of all, we want to learn what you need.
We can meet individually, with your group, or with several groups in your community. If you prefer to meet virtually, we’ll set-up all the Zoom meeting details!
Let’s talk. Please fill in the form (link below) and a South West District Community Consultant will get back to you to set-up a time to meet.
Community Support – A Road Map When the Path Isn’t Clear
Event Date & Time
We work with your schedule.
Currently, virtual online. Soon, in-person.
Recreation Boards are the heart of a community, providing key leadership for community growth. When resources are limited, volunteers feel overworked, and systems aren’t working the way they should, it can feel overwhelming to know where to turn for support. The last year and a half have been especially challenging.
The Saskatchewan Parks and Recreation Association (SPRA), in partnership with the South West District for Culture, Recreation, and Sport Inc. (SWDCRS), offers support for volunteer recreation boards.
We’ll work with you to identify what you have, where you want to go, and how to get there.
We can help you…
- Define the role of the recreation board
- Understand your legal responsibilities
- Develop vision/mission/values
- Review or create bylaws
- Develop policies and procedures
What does the community need to do?
- Identify a community organizer who will bring people together virtually
- Commit to a healthy discussion
What does it cost?
- There is no cost
- You bring the enthusiasm; we’ll supply the rest!
Who can apply?
- Any community in the South West District
- View the District map for boundaries, visit: www.gosouthwest.ca/who-we-are/maps
How to apply?
Send an “Expression of Interest” email to any of the contacts below, outlining:
- Name of community
- Name/contact of community organizer
- The rec board development activity you’d like to work on
- Your timeline for virtual meetings
Due to COVID health restrictions, all meetings will take place virtually, using Zoom.
Contact any of our offices for more info:
- Elizabeth, Leader Program Office, 306-628-1019
- Brennen, Moose Jaw Program Office, 306-693-7304