Recreation Boards are the heart of a community, providing key leadership for community growth. When resources are limited, volunteers feel overworked, and systems aren’t working the way they should, it can feel overwhelming to know where to turn for support. The last year and a half have been especially challenging.
The Saskatchewan Parks and Recreation Association (SPRA), in partnership with the South West District for Culture, Recreation, and Sport Inc. (SWDCRS), offers support for volunteer recreation boards.
We’ll work with you to identify what you have, where you want to go, and how to get there.
We can help you…
- Define the role of the recreation board
- Understand your legal responsibilities
- Develop vision/mission/values
- Review or create bylaws
- Develop policies and procedures
What does the community need to do?
- Identify a community organizer who will bring people together virtually
- Commit to a healthy discussion
What does it cost?
- There is no cost
- You bring the enthusiasm; we’ll supply the rest!
Who can apply?
- Any community in the South West District
- View the District map for boundaries, visit: www.gosouthwest.ca/who-we-are/maps
How to apply?
Send an “Expression of Interest” email to any of the contacts below, outlining:
- Name of community
- Name/contact of community organizer
- The rec board development activity you’d like to work on
- Your timeline for virtual meetings
Due to COVID health restrictions, all meetings will take place virtually, using Zoom.
Contact any of our offices for more info:
- Elizabeth, Leader Program Office, 306-628-1019
- Brennen, Moose Jaw Program Office, 306-693-7304