CALL FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST | Facility Management Module 3 – Asset Management and Capital Planning
Our provincial partner, SPRA, would like to host the course, Facility Management Module 3 – Asset Management and Capital Planning, within the South West District between June 12 and 23. The date and location of the one-day workshop will be finalized based on the expression of interest and feedback received.
Please reply with your Expression of Interest to community consultant, Elizabeth at email@example.com.
- Yes. ___________ (Person, and title) from my community is interested in attending the workshop.
- Maybe. ______________ (person and title) from my community may be interested in attending the workshop. We will need more information about the date and location.
This course provides an overview of Asset Management and Capital Planning for municipal recreation practitioners. This course is designed to help supervisors, managers, directors, volunteers, boards, and councils develop sound management practices to improve the overall management of fixed assets as a means to lengthen their useful life. Proper asset planning and the implementation of preventative maintenance practices benefits your department and community. Recreation examples and tools will be discussed and provided during the course. Recreation examples will be used throughout the course. SPRA has developed a simple spreadsheet tool to help get started in the collection of Asset Management information.
TOPICS COVERED INCLUDE:
- Asset Management – Definition and application.
- Lifecycle Planning – Learn the full cost of assets.
- Capital Planning – Learn how to determine priorities.
- Preventative Maintenance Plan/Programs – Know your assets.
- SPRA’s Asset Registry Tool will be introduced and reviewed.
Supervisors, managers, directors, volunteers, boards, and council who are responsible for the maintenance and planning of recreation facilities.
LENGTH OF TRAINING: This is a full day course.
COURSE FEE: $175